The Neuroscience core machine shop is located in room NG003 on the
ground floor of Building 500 (northwest corner) at the Anschutz Medical
Campus (View Map).
The shop's equipment and staff are there to meet the custom design and
machining needs of all the faculty, staff and students of the UC
Denver-Anschutz Medical Campus.
The shop machinery includes:
- 1 manual milling machine with digital readout
- 1 CNC milling machine (full 3-axis automation)
- 2 Lathes (one high-precision)
- 3 wood/metal-cutting band saws
- 1 table saw
- 1 precision surface grinder1 drill press
- 1 12" disk/6" belt sander
- 1 52" shear
- Extensive tooling & precision measuring devices
The shop routinely stocks a modest amount of material (acrylic, aluminum, brass, hardware) for small projects. The shop labor rate is $68/hour for members of theCenter for Neuroscience and $92/hr for all others. Charges are based upon project time and material costs. Payment for services is made with a current university speedtype number or can be billed to outside sources. The shop is staffed by one machinist 24 hours/week although there are currently no routine hours of operation. Contact Michael Hall at 303-724-1335 or, preferably, by e-mail at Michael.Hall@ucdenver.edu to discuss a project, to arrange a meeting or with questions.