Articles published in peer-reviewed journals Articles published in peer-reviewed journals
Students, *1st co-authors, #last co-authors
1. Rynders CA, Schmidt SL, Bergouignan A, Horton TJ, Bessesen DH. Effects of short-term sex steroid suppression on dietary fat storage patterns in healthy males. Physiological Reports, in press.
2. Lefai E*, Blanc S*, Antoun E, Momken I, Chery I, Zahariev A, Gabert L, Bergouignan A#, Simon C#. Exercise training improves fat metabolism independent of total energy expenditure in sedentary overweight men, but does not restore lean metabolic phenotype. Int J Obes (Lond). 2017 Jul 3. doi: 10.1038/ijo.2017.151. PMID:28669989
3. Rynders CA, Blanc S, DeJong NS, Bessesen DH, Bergouignan A. Sedentary behaviors as a key determinant of metabolic flexibility. J Physiol, 2017 May 24. doi: 10.1113/P273282. Review on invitation
4. Rynders CA, Bergouignan A, Kealey E, Bessesen DH. Ability to adjust nocturnal fat oxidation in response to overfeeding predicts 5-year weight gain in adults. Obesity. 2017 May;25(5):873-880. Doi: 10.1002/oby.21807. Editorial pick-up
5. Bergouignan A, Legget KT, De Jong N, Kealey EA, Nikolovski J, Groppel JL, Jordan C, O’Day R, Hill JO, Bessesen DH. Effect of frequent interruptions of prolonged sitting on self-perceived levels of energy, mood, food cravings and cognitive function. Int J Behav Phys Act Diet, 2016. 13:113. DOI: 10.1186/s12966-016-0437-z. Press release.
6. Gastebois C, Villars C, Drai J, Canet-Soulas E, Blanc S, Bergouignan A, Lefai E, Simon C. Effects of training and detraining on plasma adiponectin concentrations and muscle sensitivity in lean and overweight men. Eur J Appl Physiol, 2016 Sep 8 [Epub ahead of print].
7. Bergouignan A, Latouche C, Heywood S, Grace M, Natoli A, Luthoodoo M, Owen N, Dunstan DW, Kingwell BA. Frequent interruption of sedentary time modulates contraction- and insulin-stimulated glucose uptake pathways in skeletal muscle. Sci Report, 2016 Aug 24;6:32044. doi: 10.1038/srep32044
8. Bergouignan A, Stein PT, Coxam V, O’Gorman D, Blanc S. Towards Human Exploration in Space: The THESEUS review series on nutrition and metabolism research priorities. npg Microgravity, 2016. 2:16029
9. Rudwill F*, Bergouignan A*, Gastebois C, Gauquelin-Koch G, Lefai, E, Blanc S, Simon C. Effect of enforced physical inactivity by 60-d of bed rest on hepatic markers of NAFLD in healthy normal-weight women. Liver Int. 2015 Jun;35(6):1700-6. doi: 10.1111/liv.12743.
10. Bergouignan A, Kealey E, Jackman MR, Bessesen DH. Twenty-four hour total and dietary fat oxidation in lean, obese and reduced-obese adults with and without a bout of exercise. PloS One. 2014 Apr 8;9(4):e94181.