Didactic Session #1 Readings 1-2
Didactic Session #2 Readings 3-4
Didactic Session #3 Readings 5-6
Didactic Session #4 Readings 7-8
Didactic Session #5 Reading 9
Didactic Session #6 Readings 10-12
Didactic Session #7 Readings 13-14
**Note: All readings should be completed before didactic session.
NOTE, for On- and Off-campus access to JAMA articles:
Off-campus JAMA access (via Health Sciences Library Article Linker):
- On-campus JAMA access (when logged in to UCD Portal):
- This link will take you directly to the article PDF housed on the JAMA website
- This link will take you to the Health Sciences Library Article Linker page for the specific article.
- Click the "Article" link in the "Links to content holdings" box.
- In the next window, you will be prompted to enter your "Name" and "Student ID."
- Click "Proceed" and the article PDF will open.
- See "UCD Health Sciences Library - Accessing Full Text Online" for more information and details about off-campus library access.
- “PCMH History, Seven Core Features, Evidence and Transformational Change” by the Robert Graham Center
- “Joint Principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home” by the AAFP, AAP, ACP, and AOA
- “Discussion on General Practice in a Changing World” (pages 449-452) from the Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine
- “The Group Health Medical Home At Year Two- Cost Savings, Higher Patient Satisfaction, And Less Burnout For Providers” by Robert J. Reid et. al
- “The Medical Home - Growing Evidence to Support a New Approach to Primary Care” by Thomas Rosenthal
- “The Outcomes of Implementing Patient-Centered Medical Home Interventions- A Review of the Evidence on Quality, Access and Costs from Recent Prospective Evaluation Studies” by Kevin Grumbach, Thomas Bodenheimer, & Paul Grundy
- “Patient Self-management of Chronic Disease in Primary Care” by Thomas Bodenheimer
- “A ‘Stages to Change’ Approach to Helping Patients Change Behavior” by Gretchen Zimmerman, Cynthia Olson, & Michael Bosworth
- “Task Force Report 6. Report on Financing the New Model of Family Medicine” by Stephen Spann.
- “Implementing the Patient-Centered Medical Home - Observation and Description of the National Demonstration Project” by Elizabeth Stewart et. al
- “Journey to the PCMH - A Qualitative Analysis of the Experiences of Practices in the National Demonstration Project” (pages 47-55) by Paul Nutting et. al
- “Standards And Guidelines For Physician Practice Connections®—Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH™)” (pages 1-13) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- “Improving Primary Care for Patients with Chronic Illness” by Thomas Bodenheimer, Edward Wagner, & Kevin Grumbach.
- “Improving Primary Care for Patients with Chronic Illness: The Chronic Care Model, Part 2” by Thomas Bodenheimer, Edward Wagner, & Kevin Grumbach.