Welcome to the Department of
Our two accredited family medicine residencies and two public health residency programs teach approximately 50 residents each year.
We help make people healthier at six family medicine practices that receive more than 125,000 patient visits a year in Boulder, Westminster, Stapleton, Lone Tree, Centennial, and Landmark.
Additionally, we have two Women's Integrated Services in Health (WISH) Clinics. One in Aurora and the other in Lone Tree.
Our research division is home to four practice-based research networks, and we receive approximately $23 million of external research funding every year. We also lead several projects transforming the way physicians practice medicine.
We are here to help people be healthier.
The Quadruple Aim is enhancing the quality of patient care, improving the health of populations, reducing the cost of health care and increasing staff satisfaction. We strive to achieve the Quadruple Aim by:
- Providing outstanding care to patients.
- Creating new knowledge.
- Training the primary care workforce.
- Connecting with our communities to achieve health equity.
- To integrate our clinical, research, and educational activities into meaningful outcomes for our patients and communities.
- To create new and nurture existing strategic partnerships to expand our influence in order to improve the health and quality of life for all patients.
- To promote lifelong learning and professional development.
- To build and foster a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.
- Acting boldly and from the heart, always persevering to do the right thing.
- Fostering trust and collaborations that further our mission.
- Encouraging the pursuit of individual paths within our collective groups.
- Cultivating innovation, experimenting, and growth.
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion for all people.