- PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska (2006)
- MD, Peking University Health Science Center, Bejing, China (1997)
- Fellowship, Hematopathology; City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, California (2012)
- Fellowship, General Surgical Pathology; University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama (2011)
- Fellowship, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology; Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska (2010)
- Surgical Pathology
- Pathologic and Clinical Significance of Chromosomal Abnormalities in Ph- Clone of Ph+ Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Treated with Imatinib (Current)
- Primary Nodal Merkel Cell Carcinoma: A Real Distinct Entity? (Current)
- Significant Variation of Immunohistochemical Marker Expression in Paired Primary and Metastatic (2010)
- Classification of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Using a New Algorithm (2010)
- Virtual Karyotyping of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) by SNP Array (2009)
- Thymidylate Synthetase Expression, Genotype and Classification in Pseudomyxoma Peritonei (2008)
- Cloning of Germinal Center B-Cell Associated Genes, GCET1 and GCET2 (2000-2006)
- Classification of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (the Han's algorithm) (2003)
- Clinicopathologic Features, Immunophenotype and Epstein-Barr virus in Nasopharyngeal Lymphoma (1996-1997)
Peer Reviewed Research Articles (Published)
- Z Pan, Q Zhang, Z Lu, T Quinto, IB Rozenvald, L Liu, D Wilson, V Reddy, H Wang*, and Y Ren*. Extracavitary KSHV-Associated Large B-Cell Lymphoma: A Distinct Entity or a Subtype of Primary Effusion Lymphoma? Study of 9 Cases and Review of Additional 43 Cases. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. (Accepted. *Co-corresponding authors)
- Z Pan, Y Shen, B Ge, C Du, T McKeithan, and WC Chan. Studies of a Germinal Center B-cell Expressed Gene, GCET2, Suggest its Role as a Membrane Associated Adapter Protein. British Journal of Hematology. 2007 June; 137(6):578-590.
- CP Hans, DD Weisenburger, TC Greiner, WC Chan, P Aoun, GT Cochran, Z Pan, LM Smith, JC Lynch, RG Bociek, PJ Bierman, JM Vose, and JO Armitage. Expression of PKC-beta or Cyclin D2 Predicts for Inferior Survival in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. Modern Pathology. 2005 October; 18(10):1377-1384.
- CP Hans, DD Weisenburger, TC Greiner, RD Gascoyne, J Delabie, G Ott, HK Müller-Hermelink, E Campo, RM Braziel, ES Jaffe, Z Pan, P Farinha, LM Smith, B Falini, AH Banham, A Rosenwald, LM Staudt, JM Connors, JO Armitage, and WC Chan. Confirmation of the Molecular Classification of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma by Immunohistochemistry Using a Tissue Microarray. Blood. 2004 January 1; 103(1):275-282.
- Z Pan, Y Shen, C Du, G Zhou, A Rosenwald, LM Staudt, TC Greiner, TW McKeithan, and WC Chan. Two Newly Characterized Germinal Center B-Cell Associated Genes, GCET1 and GCET2, Have Differential Expression in Normal and Neoplastic B-cells. The American Journal of Pathology. 2003 July; 163(1):135-144.
- Z Gao, F Jiang, and Z Pan. P53 Gene Mutation and EBV Associated Nasopharyngeal T-Cell Lymphoma. The Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology. 1999 November; 26(6); 429-432.
- Z Gao, F Ho, and Z Pan. Comparative Studies of Nasopharyngeal B-Cell Lymphomas in Hong Kong and Beijing. Journal of Beijing Medical University. 1999 February; 31(2):42-44.
- Z Gao, H Wang, and Z Pan. Investigation of the Clinicopathologic Features, Immunophenotype and Epstein - Barr virus Infection of the Upper Respiratory Tract Lymphomas. The Chinese Journal of Pathology. 1998 August; 27(4):251-254.
Peer Reviewed Case Studies
- Z Pan, WG Sanger, JA Bridge, WJ Hunter, GP Siegal, and S Wei. A Novel t(6;13)(q15;q34) in a Giant Cell Reparative Granuloma. Human Pathology. (Accepted, 10/2011)
- P Borghei, Z Pan, and L Berland. Peritumoral Steatosis in Metastatic "Non-functioning" Neuroendocrine Tumor of the Pancreas. Clinical Radiology. (Accepted, 02/2012)
- S Wei*, Z Pan*, GP Siegal, TS Winokur, AJ Carroll, and D Jhala. Complex analysis of a recurrent pleomorphic hyalinizing angiectatic tumor of soft parts. Human Pathology. 2012 January ;43(1):121-6. (*Equal Contribution)
- Z Pan, KI Bland, and S Wei. Composite Cutaneous Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis and Atypical Vascular Lesion After Radiation for Breast Carcinoma: Can Radiation Induce Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis? Dermatology Online Journal. 2011 December; 15;17(12):6
- Z Pan, S Repertinger, R Leonard, C Bewtra, Z Gatalica, and P Sharma. Cervical and Endometrial Metastases of Appendiceal Goblet Cell Carcinoid. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2010 May; 134(5): 776-780
- Z Pan, S Sharma, and P Sharma. Primary Langerhans' Cell Histiocytosis of the Vulva: A Rare Disease in an Unusual Location. Indian Journal of Pathology and Microbiology. 2009 January; 52 (1): 65-68.
- Z Pan, S Repertinger, C Deng, P Sharma. A Giant Cystic Pheochromocytoma from the Adrenal Gland. Endocrine Pathology. 2008 Summer; 19(2):133-138.
- Z Pan, D Albertson, A Bhuller, B Wang, JM Shehan, and DP Sarma. An Angiosarcoma of the Scalp Mimicking a Sebaceous Cyst. Dermatology Online Journal. 2008; 14 (6): 13.
- Z Pan, B Wang. Anaplastic Carcinoma of the Pancreas Associated with a Mucinous Cystic Adenocarcinoma: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Journal of the Pancreas. 2007; 8(6)
- S Shi, Z Gao, Z Pan. Multifocal Cutaneous Angiocentric Lymphoma. Chinese Journal of Pathology. 1997 March; 26(3); 164.