Jori K. Leszczynski, DVM
Director for the Office of Laboratory Animal Resources, University Veterinarian and Associate Professor
- BS, Food Science and Nutrition, The Ohio State University (1995)
- DVM, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University (1999)
- Fellowship, Laboratory Animal Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago (2002)
- Consultation and collaboration for animal models and model development
- Animal Facility Management
- Leszczynski, J.K., D.G. Danahey, K.T. Ferrer, T.A. Hewett, J.D. Fortman. Primary Hyperparathyroidism in an Adult Female Olive Baboon (Papio anubis). Comparative Medicine 2002 Dec; 52(6); pages 563-567
- Leszczynski, J.K., K.A. Esser. The MEF2 site is necessary for induction of the myosin light chain 2 slow promoter in overloaded regenerating plantaris muscle. Life Sciences 2003 Nov; 73(25); 3265-3276.
- Hornberger T.A., T.J. McLoughlin, J.K. Leszczynski, D.D. Armstrong, R.R. Jameson, P.E. Bowen, E.S. Hwang, H. Hou, M.E. Moustafa, B.A. Carlson, D.L. Hatfield, A.M. Diamond and K.A. Esser. Selenoprotein-Deficient Transgenic Mice Exhibit Enhanced Exercise-Induced Muscle Growth. Journal of Nutrition 2003 Oct; 133(10); 3091-3097.
- Lieggi, C.C., J.E. Artwohl, J.K. Leszczynski, N.A. Rodriguez, B.L. Fickbohm, J.D. Fortman. Efficacy and Safety of Stored and Prepared Tribromoehtanol in ICR Mice. Contemporary Topics in Laboratory Animal Science. 2005 Jan; 44(1); 17-22.
- Golkowski, M, C. Golkowski, J.K. Leszczynski, S.R. Plimpton, P. Maslowski. A. Foltynowicz-Mtyba, J.Ye, and B. McCollister. Hydrogen Peroxide Enhanced Nonthermal Plasma Effluent for Biomedical Applications. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. 2012 Aug; 40(8): 1984-1991
- Leszczynski, J.K., M. Wallace, J. Tackett, U. Jiron, J. Collins, C. Warder, L. Richardson, L. Bell, C. Russell. Shutting Down a Working Vivarium for Decontamination. Lab Animal. 2014 July; 43(8); 283-290.
- Manuel, C.A., U. Pugazhenthi, J.K. Leszczynski. Corynebacterium bovis Surveillance of a Ventilated Rack System by Sampling Exhaust Air Manifolds. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2016 January; 55(1); 58-65.
- Kennedy, B.W., J. Zynda, R. Hoglund, J.K. Leszczynski, E. Hildebrand, J. Cox. Global Warming and the Sustainable Vivarium. ALN Magazine. 2017 Feb. https://www.alnmag.com/article/2017/01/global-warming-and-sustainable-vivarium
- Kennedy, B.W., J. Zynda, R. Hoglund, J.K. Leszczynski, E. Hildebrand, J. Cox. Energy Savings in Laboratory Animal Facilities. ALN Magazine. 2017 Mar. https://www.alnmag.com/article/2017/02/energy-savings-laboratory-animal-facilities
- Manuel, C.A., S.M. Bagby, J.A. Reisinger, U.
Pugazhenthi, T.M. Pitts, S.B. Keysar, J.J. Arcaroli, J.K. Leszczynski.
Procedure for Horizontal Transfer of Patient-Derived Xenograft Tumors to
Eliminate Corynebacterium bovis. Journal of the American
Association for Laboratory Animal Science. 2017 March; 56(2);
- Manuel, C.A., U. Pugazhenthi, S.P. Spiegel, J.K.
Leszczynski. Detection and Elimination of Corynebacterium bovis
from Barrier Rooms by Using an Environmental Sampling Surveillance
Program. Journal of the American Association for Laboratory Animal
Science. 2017 March; 56(2); 202-209.