- Molecular and Genetic Pathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Hospital - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2009-2010)
- Fellow, Surgical Pathology Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Hospital - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2008-2009)
- Resident/Clinical Fellow, Anatomic Pathology; National Institutes of Health, & 7/2004 - 9/2006 Bethesda, Maryland (2007-2008)
- MD; University of Texas Southwestern Medical School at Dallas - Dallas, Texas (1996-2004)
- PhD; University of Texas Southwestern Graduate School - Dallas, Texas (1996-2004)
- BS, Magna Cum Laude, Molecular Biology with honors; Vanderbilt University - Nashville, Tennessee (1992-1996)
- Anatomic Pathology (June, 2008)
- Molecular Genetic Pathology (Board Eligible)
- Associate Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine (2010-current)
Honors, Special Recognitions and Awards:
- CAP Foundation Research Grant, 2009-2010; Project Title: Identification and Validation of Gene Targets for CpG Promoter Methylation for Risk Stratification in GIST
- REACH Resident Research Award Grant, 2009-2010; Project Title: MicroRNA Expression in H.pylori associated Gastric Carcinogenesis
- H.T. Enterline Surgical Pathology Fellowship Award; University of Pennsylvania; June 2009
- Merck Scholars Training Grant, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Medical Scientist Training Program
- Magna cum Laude; Vanderbilt University; June 1996
- Phi Beta Kappa; Vanderbilt University; March 1996
Professional Society Membership:
- 2004 - Current | United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- 2009 - Current | Association for Molecular Pathology Member, Training and Education Committee
- 2009 - Current | International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- Colorado - Unrestricted
- Maryland - Unrestricted (Inactive)
Review and Referee Work:
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 2009
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Molecular Diagnosis and Therapy, 2009
- Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 2010
- 'Molecular diagnostic applications in anatomic pathology', at Pennsylvania Association of Pathologists Annual Meeting, Harrisburgh, PA, April, 2010
- D O'Mahony, I Debnath, J Janik, DL Aisner, E Jaffe, T Waldmann, J Morris: Cardiac involvement with human T-cell lymphotrophic virus type-1-associated adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma: The NIH experience. Leuk Lymphoma 2008, 49:439-46.
- DL Aisner, DM Berman, A Maker, S Rosenberg: Loss of S100 antigenicity in malignant melanoma. Hum Pathol 2005, 36:1016– 1019.
- DL Aisner, WE Wright, JW Shay: Telomerase regulation: not just flipping the switch. Curr Opin Genet Dev 2002, 12:80-5.
- X Yi, DM White, DL Aisner, JA Baur, WE Wright, JW Shay: An alternate splicing variant of the human telomerase catalytic subunit inhibits telomerase activity. Neoplasia 2000, 2:433-40.
- PA McChesney, DL Aisner, BC Frank, WE Wright, JW Shay: Telomere dynamics in cells with introduced telomerase: a rapid assay for telomerase activity on telomeres. Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 2000, 3:312-8.
- VM Tesmer, LP Ford, SE Holt, BC Frank, X Yi, DL Aisner, M Ouellette, JW Shay, WE Wright: Two inactive fragments of the integral RNA cooperate to assemble active telomerase with the human protein catalytic subunit (hTERT) in vitro. Mol Cell Biol 1999, 19:6207-16.
- MM Ouellette, DL Aisner, I Savre-Train, WE Wright, JW Shay: Telomerase activity does not always imply telomere maintenance. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1999, 254:795-803.
- SE Holt, DL Aisner, J Baur, VM Tesmer, M Dy, M Ouellette, JB Trager, GB Morin, DO Toft, JW Shay, et al: Functional requirement of p23 and Hsp90 in telomerase complexes. Genes Dev 1999, 13:817-26.
SE Holt, DL Aisner, JW Shay, WE Wright: Lack of cell cycle regulation of telomerase activity in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1997, 94:10687-92.
Books and Book Chapters:
- AR Sepulveda and DL Aisner: Molecular Basis of Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Tract. In "Molecular Pathology: The Molecular Basis of Human Disease" by Coleman WB and Tsongalis GJ; Academic Press, Burlington, MA, 2009 pp365-394.
- Roundtable on Evidence Based Medicine: The Learning Healthcare System Workshop Summary ed. L Olsen, DL Aisner, JM McGinnis; National Academies Press, Washington, D.C., 2007
- DL Aisner, Y Yao, Y Wen, AR Sepulveda: Increasing CpG methylation in a four gene panel during progression of ulcerative colitis to dysplasia, poster presentation at Association for Molecular Pathology Annual Meeting, November 2009, Orlando, Florida
- D Nielsen, J Strubinger, C McGrath, CD Watt, DL Aisner, VM Van Deerlin: Clinical performance of Invader v2 ASR assay and correlation with HPV genotyping, poster presentation at Assocation for Molecular Pathology Annual Meeting, November 2009, Orlando, Florida
- DL Aisner, Y Yao, Y Wen, AR Sepulveda: Progressive increase of MGMT (O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferease) CpG methylation levels from colitis to low-grade dysplasia in ulcerative colitis, poster presentation at Digestive Diseases Week 2009, Chicago, Illinois
- DL Aisner, DM Berman, A Maker, S Rosenberg: Loss of S100 antigenicity in malignant melanoma, platform presentation at USCAP 2005, San Antonio, Texas
- DL Aisner, PA McChesney, CT Iucu, JA Baur, WE Wright, JW Shay: Characterization of putative phosphorylation sites and variants of the catalytic protein component of telomerase, Telomeres and Telomerase Symposium, Cold Spring Harbor, January, 2001.
- HD Love, S Soltaninasaab, J McAfee, DL Aisner, W LeStourgeon: hnRNP C proteins exist as a 390KDa dodecamer which binds 690nts of RNA during hnRNP assembly RNA Processing Cold Spring Harbor, January, 1995.