The course is a full day of immersive simulation education. Participants will spend time being familiarized with the high-fidelity mannequin in the simulated environment before taking turns to manage realistic anesthesia-inspired critical events.
The simulated scenarios will focus on decision-making in the immediate management of hypoxemia and hypotension in the extended anesthesia workplace. In addition, it will also cover aspects of crisis and resource management including: communication and teamwork skills.
State-of-the-art audiovisual equipment is used to enhance the event debriefing which takes place after every simulated event.
- This course is not an assessment where participants pass or fail
- Small course size: 4-6 participants with 2-3 facilitators per course
- Participate in at least one scenario in the "hot seat" as the primary anesthesiologist
- Reflect on personal and team performance in debrief sessions
- University of Colorado is an American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Simulation Education Network endorsed site
It has been designed to fulfill one requirment of the American Board of Anesthesiology's (ABA) Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology. Attendance, along with completion of the ASA online evaluation and follow-up survey, will satisfy the Part IV-Practice Performance Assessment and Improvement requirement.
To learn more about the changes regarding the Part 4 Simulation Activity under MOCA 2.0, please take a moment to read this letter approved by the ASA and ABA.
Dowload a sample schedule