Begins Sunday, February 23, 2014 in the afternoon and Ends Friday, 28 February 2014
The Colorado Review of Anesthesia for SurgiCenters and Hospital would like to welcome you to the CRASH website. We have been a successful Anesthesiology Conference in Vail, Colorado for 22 years.
This year we are adding a new optional CT tract. All the same excellent lectures and workshops that we always have had will be available, but Sunday-Wednesday there will be additional Cardiac panels or workshops.
CRASH is a weeklong conference starting Sunday evening and ending Friday morning. There is time to ski/snowboard/snowshoe during the day as well as enjoy other activities in Vail. The mountains in Vail are vast and vary from beginner to expert! The area is family-friendly and located in the beautiful newly renovated Lionshead Village. Participants can obtain the most CME while still enjoying a plethora of outdoor activities within walking distance of the Gondola Ski Lift.
Why are there so many choices at CRASH?
Most mountain conferences have lectures in the morning and afternoon and not much else to offer. We offer lots of options for several reasons:
1. Studies show that most people learn best using a variety of techniques; the least effective is sitting in a room while someone gives a lecture. That is still the best way to get a lot of information to a large group of people, but retention is limited. The most effective educational techniques include hands-on and interactive sessions with smaller groups.
2. Most of our faculty are local, love the mountains, education and want to be involved with CRASH.
3. We are lucky to have an incredible faculty at the University of Colorado that includes many nationally and internationally renowned speakers, so we don’t invite a lot of guest speakers.
4. That helps us keep cost reasonable and still offer lots of choices.
5. Participants have different needs and interests; being able to offer choices helps improve patient outcomes by catering to different peoples education gaps.
6. Lectures after a hard day on the mountain can be challenging to keep engaging enough to overcome the natural urge many will have to doze off. Hands-on workshops, panel discussions and interactive sessions prevent the “dwindles” at the end of the day.
Lift tickets can be purchased at discounted rates, and the Vail Mountain Marriott has excellent accommodations. But, more importantly CRASH offers excellent lectures every year. Over fifty percent of our participants are returning and some have been coming to CRASH longer than many of the faculty.
Please take a moment to browse through our handouts from past lectures (2006 to 2013). Also, take a look at the travel information for Vail.
Click here to return to the CRASH home page.