Sunday, March 1, 2015 through Friday, March 6, 2015
Review of Anesthesia for SurgiCenters and Hospital would like to welcome you to
the CRASH website. We have been a successful anesthesiology conference in Vail,
Colorado for 23 years.
CRASH is a weeklong
anesthesia conference starting Sunday evening and ending Friday morning. We
have lectures, workshops or panels in the mornings and afternoons. We bring in
top speakers from all throughout North America as well as using many of our own
nationally renowned faculty. There are several workshops to choose from
including ultrasound, difficult airway management, TEE and cardiothoracic. In
addition we have specialized panels that cover a wide variety of topics. Please
check our program for more details. ACLS/BLS and PALS certification is also
The mountains in
Vail are vast and vary from beginner to expert. Participants can obtain the
most CME while still enjoying outdoor activities within walking
distance of the Gondola Ski Lift. Lift tickets can be purchased at discounted rates, and the Vail Mountain Marriott has excellent accommodations. CRASH offers excellent lectures every year with over fifty percent of our participants returning each year.
Why are there so many choices at CRASH?
Most mountain conferences have lectures in the morning and afternoon and not much else to offer. We offer lots of options for several reasons:
- Studies show that most people learn best using a variety of techniques; the least effective is sitting in a room while someone gives a lecture. That is still the best way to get a lot of information to a large group of people, but retention is limited. The most effective educational techniques include hands-on and interactive sessions with smaller groups.
- Most of our faculty are local, love the
mountains, education and want to be involved with CRASH.
- We are lucky to have an incredible faculty at
the University of Colorado that includes many nationally and internationally
renowned speakers, so we don’t invite many guest speakers.
- Using local faculty helps us keep cost reasonable and still
offer a lot of choices.
- Participants have different needs and interests;
being able to offer choices helps improve patient outcomes by catering to
different peoples education gaps.
- Lectures after a hard day on the mountain can be
challenging to keep engaging enough to overcome the natural urge many will have
to doze off. Hands-on workshops, panel discussions and interactive sessions
prevent the “dwindles” at the end of the day.
Click here to return to the CRASH home page.