Metabolomics, one of the “omic” sciences in systems biology, is the global assessment and validation of endogenous small-molecule biochemical's (metabolites) within a biologic system.
Metabolite detection and quantification is usually carried out by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy while mass spectrometry (MS) provides another highly sensitive metabolomics technology. The Animal Images Shared Resources Core (AISR) provides all NMR-related metabolomics services on human and animal cells, biopsies, and body fluids.
The facility is fully equipped for all aspects of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-,
13C-, and 31P-NMR and two-dimensional NMR). We performed expanded quantitative metabolic analysis:
- on cells
- cell extracts
- human and animal tissues and biopsy extracts
- body fluids (including blood, plasma, urine, cerebral and prostatic fluids etc).
- Project design and consultation
- Sample Handling and Extraction for Metabolic NMR
- NMR based metabolic protocols
- Data set collection is available.
- Data analysis and publication preparation/ assistance.
- Data handling and storage