The purpose of this program is to prepare highly qualified clinical therapeutic researchers called Paul Calabresi Clinical Oncology Research Scholars (Scholars) who are capable of:
What the Award Provides
- 2 years of mentored support, additional years depending on productivity, need and available funds
- up to $75,000 salary plus fringe benefits per annum
- $30,000 per annum research and educational costs
- Structured mentoring and defined training program with primary mentor in the scholar's discipline and two or more additional mentors.
- Scheduled formal evaluation of progress and feedback from advisory committee
- MD, PhD, PharmD junior faculty
- Dedicated to career in clinical translational cancer research
- U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident
- Completion of clinical training in residency or clinical fellowship or completion of at least two years of postdoctoral training for basic science candidates.
- Face page (inside Paul Calabresi Application).
- Curriculum vitae including training history, awards, bibliography, presentations, clinical trials.
- A detailed personal statement (maximum two pages) demonstrating a commitment to a career in clinical oncology research, personal strengths that will insure success, a discussion of the steps needed to successfully pursue this career, examples of projects in the applicant's areas of interest, a statement of why the individual should be chosen for the program.
- Previous Research Experience checklist (inside the application packet)
- Three letters of reference sent directly to the program leader, including a letter of commitment from the applicant's chair or division head.