Skip to main content
Sign In


Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs about the Graduate Certificate in Health Humanities and Ethics

  Am I eligible to pursue the certificate?

Anyone with a B.A or B.S. degree can enroll in the Certificate Program. ​​​1

 What documents do I need to submit an application?

You will need to complete the Graduate School Application and submit a statement of purpose and a current resume or C.V.​​​​​2

 What is the application deadline?

Refer to Appllication page for specific term deadlines

 Can I apply even if I am not a student at CU?

Yes, Anyone who has received at least a B.A. or B.S. degree can apply to enroll in the Certificate Program. ​​​​4

 Are GRE scores required?

No, As a graduate certificate, no graduate entrance exam is required. ​​​​​5

 How long does it take after the application deadline before I find out whether I was accepted?

Notification concerning acceptance will be sent out within 8-12 weeks of your application.​​6

 Can I transfer credits from graduate programs outside of UC Denver | Anschutz?

Yes, but the Graduate School limits transfer credits: “With program approval, non-degree seeking students may apply one graduate course (5000 level or above and no more than 3 credits) to a Graduate Certificate.” ​​​7

 Can I apply credit earned in pursuing the Certificate to other graduate programs within UC Denver | Anschutz?

The Graduate School only permits 12 credits earned from a Certificate to be applied to another graduate program. Whether any particular course can be applied to another graduate program is at the discretion of that program. ​​​8

 Can I get financial aid to pursue the Certificate?

No, The Graduate School states that “Graduate courses in which a student enrolls to fulfill the requirement of a Graduate Certificate are NOT eligible for financial aid.​​​"​​9