To create an account on our iLabs site, download these instructions. Contact Mark Farrell with any questions or concerns when creating a new account.
- Standard Reaction/Data Collection: samples should be submitted in the following form:
- For plasmid DNA <12kb - provide 20 µL of DNA at a
concentration of 40 ng/µL in water. For PCR products 300-600bp -
provide 20 µL of DNA at a concentration of 10 ng/µL in water.
- For a custom primer, please provide 10 µL at a 10 µM
- For template/primer mix please provide a 20ul volume of
template at 40ng/ul for plasmids or 10ng/ul for PCR products and
primer at 1uM final concentration.
- When submitting the same sample to be sequenced with
multiple primers, please submit 20
µL volume of template for the first template-primer combination and
5 µL volume of template for each template-primer combination after
- For PCR fragment DNA- amplicons must be purified/treated
prior to DNA sequencing. Please inquire for details and/or protocols. If
you would like to submit PCR reaction, we can treat/prepare your sample
for sequencing by purification or ExoSap treatment. Please inquire about
cost and sample submission.
- The following standard primers are provided: M13F(-20),
M13R,T7, T7 Term, SP6, T3, CMV-F, PGEX-F, PGEX-R, BGH-R, Lucif Ctrm Rev,
GFP-R, pNTR1A-F, pNTR1A-R, PQE30-F, PQE-Tri-F, PQE-Tri-R, E-GFP-R, and V5
DNA samples that are submitted for sequencing must be accurately
quantified and prepared. Samples submitted with inaccurate concentrations
and/or with contaminants present will result in poor sequence results or a
After processing the results will be available to you from the iLabs
site. Please login and click on “View My Requests” tab. Click on the triangle
corresponding to your order to expand it out. Your results will be attached to
your order in the form of a .zip file under “Attachments and URLs”.
The sequence will be repeated at no extra cost if there is an operator
error or machine malfunction. Please provide accurately quantified, high
quality DNA for successful results.
Automated sequencing is very sensitive to template and primer
· It is essential that
the templates be free from ethanol, salts and other contaminants, as these
greatly affect the quality of the sequencing results.
NOTE: WE WILL NOT REPEAT SAMPLES AT NO CHARGE IF THE DNA IS OF BAD QUALITY OR INACCURATE CONCENTRATION.
Here are a couple programs available to view chromatogram files (.ab1):
Chromas Lite – from Technelysium
Finch TV – free download from Geospiza
Chromatogram Explorer – from DNAbaser
Human Identity Testing, Cell Line Authentication, and Mycoplasma Testing:
- Please provide isolated/purified genomic DNA in a minimum volume of 15ul and a minimum concentration of 30ng/ul.
- For ID and CLA testing only- a cell pellet can be submitted and we can perform the isolation for you. Standard DNA isolation rates apply.
Barbara Davis Center
Anschutz Medical Campus
1775 Aurora Court, 4th floor, Room 4207
Molecular Biology contact personnel:
Mark Farrell, Core Manager