Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
Professor of Pediatrics
University of Colorado Denver
This edition of the First Book for Understanding Diabetes: Companion to the 12th Edition of "Understanding Diabetes" can be purchased for US $12.00 from the Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver. Bulk discounts available. Please call the CDF at Denver for information on bulk discount prices. You may also download the order form in .pdf format and mail in your order with payment. Order online here at the CDF Web site.
SOME OF THE SPECIAL FEATURES…
A First Book for Understanding Diabetes 12th Edition
(“The Pink Panther Books”)
Three entirely new chapters on the topics of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), Autoimmune Conditions Associated with Diabetes, and Diabetes Management in the Toddler/Preschooler
- All chapters updated
- The need to inject a rapid-acting insulin (Humalog, NovoLog or Apidra) 15-20 minutes prior to eating in order to obtain an optimal HbA1c level
- Prevention of hypoglycemia with exercise
- Updated suggestions for traveling through airport security
- Transitioning young adults from pediatric to adult clinic
- Current progress and expectations in research – including the “bionic” pancreas
The links below lead to Adobe .pdf files. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or better to view these files (dowload here). You will NOT be able to print the .pdf files for the 12th edition of Understanding Diabetes, due to copyright restrictions.
Copyright ©2007 by H. Peter Chase
The Pink Panther™ & ©1964-2008, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., All Rights Reserved.
All "Pink Panther" and "The Inspector" (the Characters) images are not to be reproduced without permission from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Children's Diabetes Foundation at Denver
4380 S. Syracuse Street
Denver, CO 80237
Please refer comments about the WEB version of Understanding Diabetes to the Webmaster