The Institute for Healthcare Quality, Safety and Efficiency (IHQSE) currently offers seven educational training programs to the faculty and staff throughout the Anschutz Medical Campus:
- Certificate Training Program (CTP) is a year-long training program emphasizing development and enhancement of high-functioning Clinical Leadership Teams capable of systematically improving the quality, safety, cost and experience of care provided for patients across the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC).
- Lean Training Program (LTP) is a course offered over four half-days that covers the fundamental principles of the Lean methodology and how to structure and lead improvement projects.
- 6S Training Program is a course delivered in 2 half-day sessions, during which participants learn the core concepts of 6S. 6S is a system to organize one’s workspace to improve safety and efficiency, and to reduce costs and waste.
- Facilitative Leadership Course is a 2-day course that offers program participants a transformational learning experience that expands their ability to lead sustainable change, generate greater engagement in an era of change fatigue, and bring out the best in individuals and teams while achieving outstanding results.
- Foundations of Patient Safety (FPS) Program is a 4 hour course exploring just culture, its application to case review and M&M conferences, and how to tie action items arising from safety events into quality improvement.