Ideal Candidates and Selection Criteria
ITP participants should spend substantial time each week in a clinical practice, unit, or program on the Anschutz Medical Campus. Candidates may be physicians, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, or other staff with a clinical role, and should possess limited/no formal training in quality improvement.
Candidates may apply as individuals or together from an eligible clinical area (see Eligibility below). Candidates must obtain supervisor support, including clearly outlined non-clinical time to attend the entire, one-day educational session.
Because ITP focuses on practical skills needed to enhance local quality improvement initiatives, we will only accept applicants from a care area or clinical program in which actice, well-designed improvement initiatives are being guided by formally designated leaders. Currently, we are accepting applications from the following care areas:
July 25, 2016 Applications Due for Cohort 10 & 11
July 29, 2016 ITP Acceptance Announced for Cohort 10 & 11
August 5, 2016 Deadline to Confirm Participation
August 30, 2016 ITP Session, Cohort 10 September 16, 2016 ITP Session, Cohort 11
1. Cover Letter (Limit: 2 pages)—Each application should include a cover letter. If candidates are applying together, the group may produce a single, combined letter. The cover letter should include:
• Applicant name(s) and role(s) in the care area (including administrative roles)
• Years on faculty/staff at the Anschutz Medical Campus
• Department or administrative home (to whom the candidate(s) report(s))
• Care area (unit, clinic, or program)
• A brief description (1-2 paragraphs) of the top 3-5 quality and safety priorities and/or challenges
within the care area.
• How ITP will aid the applicant(s) and care area
• Name of supervisor(s), with confirmation that participant(s) will be released from clinical and
administrative duties for the entire day of ITP training
Upcoming ITP Sessions:
October 5, 2016 - application process to start in August
November 16, 2016 - application process to start in August
December 6, 2016 - application process to start in August
To receive notifications for the next ITP application process, please email: