The University of Colorado Graduate Periodontics Program DOES NOT PARTICIPATE in ADEA/PASS or MATCH Programs. To apply, please follow the guidelines below.
The number of applicants accepted varies each year based upon positions available and Commission on Dental Accreditation limitations. Candidates should possess strong academic credentials. An externship of three to five days is encouraged to allow potential applicants to interact with faculty and residents, and determine if the applicant’s residency goals align with those of the program. A personal site visit and interview are scheduled for all invited candidates in August of each year. Applicants must submit a completed application by July 1, 2017 in order to be considered for admission with a start date of July 2018. Upon acceptance, a $3,000 deposit is required to hold your position. This deposit will be applied toward tuition.
- Completed Postgraduate Periodontics Program Application
- Regents Questionnaire
- Official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college/university attended. International transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credentialing service. Please contact our office for a list of such services
- National Board Examination scores (official report or certified copy)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation addressed to the Director of Graduate Periodontics
- Application fee of $50.00
Additional documents required, if applicable:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores: Required for all applicants who graduated from a dental school not accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or schools that do not rank or provide grades. GRE scores taken more than five (5) years before application date will not be accepted. For GRE scores, please use the institution code 7209.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores: Required for international applicants. TOEFL tests taken more than two (2) years prior to the date of application will not be accepted. For TOEFL scores, please use the institution code B785.
- Permanent Resident Green Card: If applicant is now a permanent resident of the United States, the applicant must provide their full, legal name as it appears on immigration documents and a certified copy of the front and back of their federal Green Card.
- Colorado Residency Form: If applicant is claiming Colorado residency.
Submit applications to:
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Postdoctoral Program in Periodontics
Mail Stop F-850 (For FED-EX/UPS, include Room 104D)
13065 E. 17th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80045