Application: The School of Dental Medicine participates in the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) application service. You may download the application via the web: ADEA
Applications may be filed beginning June 1 of the year preceding admission and all requested material must be received by ADEA on or before December 31. Applications received after that date will not be considered for the succeeding year. Early application is strongly encouraged as acceptances are offered as early as December 1.
Dental Admission Test: Each applicant must complete the Dental Admission Test (DAT). The computerized test can be taken at any time during the year. You are encouraged to complete the DAT preferably by October 1.
ADEA will obtain your official DAT scores directly from the American Dental Association's Testing Services Center and will import them directly into your application. If you take the DAT after your ADEA AADSAS application has been sent to your designated dental schools, an updated application, reflecting your DAT scores will be forwarded to schools just as soon as the scores are received.
After submitting your ADEA application online, you will also need to submit the following directly to ADEA:
- Official transcripts from each college/university you have attended
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine requires three letters of recommendation from either a pre-dental committee OR two letters of recommendation from science instructors and one letter from a non-science instructor OR an employer (or a dentist you have shadowed).
NOTE: Your DAT scores will be obtained by ADEA and included on your application.
The following supplemental materials will need to be submitted directly to the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine ONLY UPON REQUEST:
1. A $50.00 non-refundable application fee
(you will be sent further information regarding payment at the appropriate time)
2. University Colorado Board of Regents Questionnaire form
3. Verification of Colorado Residency form (even if your are a non-resident)
4. University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine Letter of Recommendation Waiver form
Once application and materials have been received and reviewed by the Office of Admissions, the applicant may be invited by the Dental Admissions Committee for a formal interview and tour of the school. Written notification will be sent to each applicant when the decision of the Admissions Committee has been made.
The quality of courses taken and the performance of the student in such courses during the undergraduate program will be weighed more heavily than the total number of science courses completed. The School of Dental Medicine seeks well-rounded applicants and uses a personalized, committee-run application process that takes into account the following selection criteria:
- The applicant’s latest DAT scores
- Cumulative grade point average
- Science grade point average
- Revised grade point average
- Interview scores given the applicant by the Admissions Committee
- Letters of recommendation
- The applicant’s letter/essay
Each applicant, upon acceptance into the entering class, will receive a confirmation form which must be returned with a tuition deposit of $1,000 in order to reserve a position in the class. This $1,000 deposit will be applied toward tuition, fees, or any other student obligation during the first term of attendance at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The deposit is due upon receipt of the students admissions offer and is refundable up to 60 days prior to the registration date only upon written request.
All accepted students in degree seeking programs are required to complete a background investigation prior to matriculation. In order to process the investigation, we must receive a non refundable payment in the amount of $65 along with your tuition deposit.
Send inquiries regarding dental admission to SDMadmissions@ucdenver.edu
*Please do not attach DAT scores or transcripts unless requested.
Doctor of Dental Surgery Curriculum