Interim Chair, Department of Surgical Dentistry
Mail Stop F847
13065 E. 17th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80045
- PhD in Biological Structure (Anatomy), University of Washington School of Medicine
- Certificate in Periodontics, University of Washington School of Dentistry
- DDS, University of Washington School of Dentistry
- BS in Zoology, Washington State University
Honors and Awards:
- University of Colorado Teaching Scholar, 2009
- University of Colorado Denver Chancellors Teaching Recognition Award, 1994, 2005, 2009
- Best Didactic Teacher Award, University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine, 1988, 2007
- University of Colorado Denver President's Award for Teaching Excellence 1987, 1991, 1995, 2002, 2003
- University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine Dental Hygiene Class, Outstanding Dental Science Instructor 1989, 2005, 2006
- Fellowship: Pierre Fauchard Academy, 2002
- Honorary Alumnus, University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine, 2002
- University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine, Dental Hygiene Class Outstanding Didactic Instructor 1994, 1995
- Newcomer Award, University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine, 1986
- Graduated with Honors, University of Washington School of Dentistry, 1979
- American Academy of Oral Pathology Student Award, University of Washington School of Dentistry, 1979
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, University of Washington School of Dentistry, 1979
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Washington State University, 1975
- School of Medicine Department of Family Medicine
- School of Dental Medicine Graduate Faculty
- School of Dental Medicine Department of Surgical Dentistry
- School of Dental Medicine Division of Periodontics
Graduate Programs Affilliations:
- Graduate Periodontics Program University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Chemotherapeutic treatment for inflammatory periodontal disease
- Periodontal regeneration techniques and osteoinductive proteins
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Oral blood flow
- Sodium Channel distribution and plasticity
Orlando, V.A., Johnson, L.R., Wilson, R.R., Maahs, D.M., Wadda, R.P., Bishop, F.K., Dong, F and Morrato, E. Oral Health Knowledge and Behaviors among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Int. J. Dent. Vol. 2010, Article ID 942124, 8 pages.
Henry, M.A., Luo, S., Foley, B.D., Rzasa, R.S., Johnson, L.R., and Levinson, S.R. Sodium Channel Expression and Localization at Demyelinated Sites in Painful Human Dental Pulp. J of Pain: 10:750-758, 2009.
Hempton, T.J., Drakos, D., Likhari, V., Henley, J.B., Johnson, L. R., Levi, P., and Griffin, T.J. Strategies for Developing a Culture of Mentoring in Postdoctoral Periodontology. J Dental Education 72:577-584, 2008
Henry MA., Freking A.R., Johnson L.R., and Levinson S.R. Sodium Channel Nav 1.6 Immunofluorescence Increases in Demyelinating and Intact Nodes at the Site of Infraorbital Nerve Injury. Biomed Central (BMC) Neuroscience 8:56-64, 2007.
Henry M.A., Freking A.R., Johnson L.R., and Levinson SR. Increased sodium channel density at myelinated and demyelinated sites following an inflammatory and partial axotomy lesion of the rat infraorbital nerve”. Pain 124: 222-233, 2006.
Henry M.A., Sorensen H.J., Johnson L.R., and Levinson S.R. Localization of the Nav 1.8 sodium channel isoform at nodes of Ranvier in normal human radicular tooth pulp. Neuroscience Letters. 380:32-36, 2005
Eiseman B., Johnson, L.R., Coll J. Ultrasound Measurements of Mandibular Arterial Blood Supply. Techniques for defining ischemia in the pathogenesis of alveolar ridge atrophy and tooth loss in the elderly. J. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: 63:28-35, 2005.
Wood, S., Wolcott, J., Johnson, L.R., and Kleier D.J. Clinical Techniques in Endodontics. The Relationship Between Periodontic And Endodontic Diseases. Compendium 24:296-303, 2003.
Johnson, L.R., Stoller, N.H., Polson, A., Harrold, C.Q., Ryder M., Garrett, S. The Effects of Subgingival Calculus on the Clinical Outcomes of Locally Delivered Controlled-Release Doxycycline Compared to Scaling and Root Planing. J. Clin. Perio 29:87-91, 2002.
Stoller, N.H., Johnson, L.R., Garrett, S. Periodontal Regeneration Of A Class II Furcation Defect Utilizing A Bioabsorbable Barrier In A Human. A case study with histology. J. Perio, 72: 238-242, 2001.