Application for the Anschutz Non-Degree: Admissions Requirements and Process
Who is a non-degree student?
A "non-degree student" is a student who registers for courses but who is not enrolled in an official degree or certificate program at the University of Colorado Denver|Anschutz Medical Campus. In order to be considered for a seat in a class,
all non-degree students must submit a Course Permission Form signed by the teaching faculty.
Non-degree students on the Anschutz Medical Campus register in one of three schools/colleges depending on the course they wish to take. It is important to follow the correct instructions and complete the appropriate application for the non-degree course(s) that you want. The information on this website applies to all course(s) within the biomedical basic sciences.
Note: If you are interested in coursework in nursing, you should review the procedures listed on the nursing non-degree application website. If you are interested in coursework in public health (biostatistics or epidemiology), you should review the
procedures listed on the public health non-degree application website.
In order to be considered a non-degree student, an applicant must complete the online application. As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a $50 application fee (or $75 for International students), fill out a Tuition Classification
Form, and upload a signed Course Permission form (see Application Process below).
Please note: If you intend on applying to any of our Certificate or Master Degree Programs, no more than 12 credits of non-degree coursework with a B- or better will be applied to your program if accepted.
Unless otherwise noted, all non-degree courses are offered at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora.
Where are non-degree programs offered?
Graduate School non-degree students may register for classes at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. If you are interested in taking classes at the Downtown Denver Campus or other University of Colorado campuses, please
contact that campus directly for further instructions. If you are applying to the Anschutz Campus, but all of the classes you are looking to take are offered on another campus, you will need to apply for admission to that campus directly.
Residency status will be determined during the application process. It is important to complete all dates and information requested on the Tuition Classification Form to ensure you are classified properly as either Resident or Non-Resident for tuition
How to establish residency
Active duty military, or dependents of active duty military, not claiming Colorado residency must submit this completed Military Certification Form.
Tuition and Costs
Click Here for Tuition Rates
- A one-time matriculation fee of $140 is charged for first time enrollment at any University of Colorado campus.
- A $50 application fee ($75 for international students) is charged to apply for non-degree status. If more than 3 consecutive semesters has elapsed since taking courses in non-degree status, the student must reapply and repay the non-degree application
- Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, student loans, scholarships or tuition assistance.
- Non-degree students may use an employee tuition waiver if eligible. See waiver rules and instructions. Waiver students are not allowed to enroll in courses until the first day of
classes. Employees may be disqualified for current and future participation in the tuition waiver program if enrollment occurs prior to first day of classes. It is also not allowable to enroll before the first day of classes and then drop the class
and re-enroll on the first day of classes under the tuition waiver benefit.
Other General Information
- Courses in the Graduate School may not be audited. However, a student may register for a course for no credit and pay the full tuition and fees. Students must designate “No Credit” by the appropriate deadlines as set forth by the Registrar’s Office.
No Credit forms are available from the CU Anschutz Medical Campus Registrar’s Office.
- Students currently enrolled in any degree seeking program on campus must obtain permission from their Department Chairperson or Academic Advisor to register for a non-degree course.
- If you enroll in a graduate MS or Certificate Program at a later date, a total of 12 credit hours taken as non-degree student may be applied to the program. You must receive a grade of B- or better to apply credits. Transfer credits are subject to
the program's approval.
Instructions for Applying and Registering as a Non-Degree Student
||March 25, 2019
||June 3, 2019
||June 3, 2019
||August 19, 2019
||October 28, 2019
||January 14, 2020
||March 23, 2020
||May 26, 2020
Any student who has taken a Graduate School Basic Sciences course as a non-degree student in the last three semesters should skip steps 1-2 and start with step 3.