The Integrated Physiology Program seeks highly motivated students with the strong backgrounds in quantitative sciences and a passion for biomedical research.
The average undergraduate GPA of accepted students is 3.40. Students seeking admission should have taken Organic Chemistry, Biology, General Physics, and college level mathematics through Calculus. Courses in Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Genetics and Physiology are recommended. Research experience is strongly recommended. Students with excellent records and research experience who lack specific courses are encouraged to apply. Where additional course-work is necessary to provide background of sufficient depth for our rigorous curriculum, supplemental courses or reading programs can be designed. Students applying for the Fall term should take the GRE no later than October so that their scores will be available to the Program.
The application deadline is December 1st. A completed application consists of:
- Part I and Part II of the Graduate School application (combined in the on-line application)
- One official transcript of all academic work completed to date. To be consider "official", the transcripts must come from the issuing institution directly to the CU graduate school.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee* [credit card (on-line only), check, or money order]. An application will not be processed without payment. *$70 for International applications.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- GRE test scores (or equivalent) and other materials as required by specific programs. Use GRE code 4875
- TOEFL scores and financial support verification (international students)
- State of Colorado residency form (part of the on-line application)
Please mail transcripts to our main Graduate School:
UCD Graduate Admissions
Campus Box 163
PO Box 173364
1380 Lawrence Street Suite 1250
Denver, CO 80205-3364
Promising candidates will be invited to visit the campus and meet with faculty and students from the Program.
Applications to the CU graduate school programs are now accepted on-line only. Please proceed to the Graduate School on-line site through the "APPLY ONLINE" link to the left. Recommendation letters are now requested and completed on-line; follow the instructions in the on-line application. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Deanne Sylvester at 303-724-3120 or email@example.com.