Skip to main content
Sign In

Graduate School at University of Colorado Denver

The Graduate School at UC Denver


International Student Information

International students should also consult the International Student and Scholars Services Office and specific academic program websites for any additional information or requirements.

General Requirements for International Students

International students or domestic students with credentials from institutions outside the United States (not taken as part of a semester abroad) must submit official transcripts and documentation in English (or certified English translation) of the transcripts to the program to which they are applying.  The transcripts are required to have those credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service.

Only those students who have completed a bachelor's degree or equivalent at a university in their own country or a bachelor's or master's degree in the United States are considered for admission.

When to Apply

International students are encouraged to apply six months to a year before the start of proposed graduate studies at the University of Colorado Denver to allow sufficient time for admission and visa authorization.

Financial Information Necessary to Obtain a Visa

Students who require a certificate of eligibility (I-20) for obtaining a student (F-1) visa to study in the United States must also provide an affidavit of financial support adequate to meet the estimated academic and living costs for the first year of study. Information regarding the I-20 will be provided by the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Office only after a student had been admitted by the Program and the Graduate School. Additional financial resources may be required for admission. Students should consult the ISSS Office.

International Students Requirements   

Detailed International Student Requirements

Detailed descriptions outlining requirements for international student admissions. Materials include, finances, financial assistance and scholarships, health records and insurance, and visa and passport information processing.

English Proficiency Testing (TOEFL) 

English Proficiency Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)

Information regarding the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) that are required of all applicants whose native language is not English or do not have a completed bachelor's degree or higher at an institution where the country's native language is English.

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.