Skip to main content
Sign In

International Student & Scholar Services

International Student & Scholar Services

During Your Stay

International Scholar

During your stay, the International Scholar Services unit not only continues to offer ongoing immigration support to you and your dependents, we are also available to answer questions relate to travel both in and out of the USA. 

Traveling in the United States: 

If you are traveling within the United States, we highly recommend that you carry your original immigration documents with you.

Traveling outside the United States & Re-entering

  • Take immigration documents with you (DS-2019/ I-797 notice)
  • J-1 scholars & J-2 dependents: Must have a travel signature on your DS-2019
  • Passport
  • Visa
  • I-94 card
  • Proof of position at UC Denver

Resources Links

Tax Information

Taxes are due each April.  All international students are responsible for filing a tax return each year, even if you have not had any employment. 

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.