To apply to study in Denver, please submit the following materials by March 15 and submit to the ICB Office in Beijing unless otherwise specified.
Submit TOEFL/IELTS scores (minimum of 71 TOEFL or 6.0 IELTS) to the Denver office
Provide short answers (about 200 words) to each of the following:
1. How will studying in Denver enhance your academic and career goals?
2. What is your plan to adjust to an unfamiliar place and culture? Include examples of how you
have done this in the past.
3. Describe two accomplishments or things that made you proud. Explain the situation, the process, and
challenges you overcame to achieve the result.
Two letters of recommendation (recommendation form )
For freshmen: CAU transcripts for all completed semesters (minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA)
For freshmen: High School transcripts Applicants will be interviewed in Beijing.
Selection will be based on the following:
• Academic ability
• Skills in understanding, writing, and speaking English
• Cultural adaptability If selected, students must also submit the following by April 1 to the Denver office:
• The International Admissions Financial Statement
• Official bank statements (dated within six months) indicating sufficient funds for one year of study on the Downtown Denver campus which is $31,154.
• Copy of passport A committee consisting of UC Denver representatives and ICB administrators will review the above materials and select candidates for an interview. Final decisions will be made and students notified by March 30. ICB students studying in Denver will live in on-campus housing in a suite with another Chinese student and two domestic students where possible during the first year in Denver. We hope this living situation will not only enhance their cultural education but help them feel more comfortable in a new environment.