How do I get to the chatrooms in eCollege?
- On the Tools menu, click Live. By default, the main Chat page displays.
- Click the chat room you'd like to participate in. A confirmation window opens.
- Click to open the chat room. You can also use your keyboard to open a chat room by pressing Alt + Enter. Once you've selected the chat room you'd like to participate in, click Alt + Enter on your keyboard and the chat room opens.
How do I actually chat?
- Once your chat room has opened, type your message in the text field provided and press the Enter key. Your text appears in the chat room.
If you would like to send a private message...
- Double-click the name of the person you want to send a private message to. A small window opens.
- Type the private message text.
- Press the Enter key. Your message is seen only by the recipient to whom you sent the message.
What if I have issues chatting?
- If you are having difficulties chatting in eCollege, please contact the eCollege helpdesk. You may contact eCollege by email, phone or through Chat. Their 24 hour help desk phone number is 877-740-2214 and their email address is email@example.com. Their Chat Help Desk is open 7am – 7pm MST. You may enter a Chat session by logging into your course, clicking on Help, clicking on Help Desk, then Chat with a Help Desk Consultant.