Master of Public Health Program Requirements
To obtain the online/hybrid Leadership and Public Health Practice MPH degree, you'll need to complete 42 credit hours.
The curriculum focuses on developing skills in the core functions of Public Health as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Core course requirements: 17 credits
- Public Health Leadership and Management: 4 credits (held as a 1-credit course each semester for four semesters
- Concentration electives: 8 credits
- Additional Electives: 12 credits
- Practicum: 2 credits (online or in the field based on Practicum Director)
- Capstone: 2 credits
Upon completion, you will receive a Master’s Degree in Public Health.
Check out the list of available Master of Public Health courses for the semester.
On-Campus Leadership Requirement
The LPH program requires you to visit campus over the course of two years, in order to complete the management and leadership course requirements. These visits are scheduled in late August and early May of each year.
You'll finalize your residency plans with your program advisory and you'll be responsible for your travel and lodging expenses during the duration of each leadership course.