Besides simply filling a growing demand, the online MPH Leadership and Public Health Practice degree was designed to meet other needs as well.
- Evidence suggests that many public health workers in Colorado have no formal public health training
- Available public health education resources are not meeting the demand in both rural and urban areas for existing public health professions
- There is a strong need to keep up with the shift in public health interventions from an individual behavior focus to a population focus
Why Study Public Health?
With this flexible MPH degree online, you'll have the option to pursue all core MPH and concentration elective courses online, requiring only three short visits to campus to complete your Leadership and Public Health Practice program.
So this program is perfect for working professionals with full-time schedules as well as those who live in rural areas that can't make it to campus.
And the face to face sessions allow you to meet and develop important professional relationships with Faculty and with your peers
School of Public Health
Besides just the flexibility, you'll be studying from the only accredited public health institution in the Rocky Mountain region. Which means that your Master's degree in Public Health will be well known and respected in the industry.
This Master of Public Health distance program provides you with the professional training necessary to advance in a current position, or perhaps a coveted job requires the degree.
Many graduates purse career options based on their practicum experience, but others elect to pursue new opportunities where they can make a difference.
Master of Public Health Careers
Program alumni currently work in locations such as
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- World Health Organization
- United States Navy
- Prominent U.S. research institutions
- And a variety of local health and national agencies
Tuition and Savings
The MPH program participates in the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). So if your permanent residence is within one of the 15 participating states, you may be eligible to receive a much discounted tuition rate.
The 15 WICHE states are:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota