MS in Nursing Leadership Requirements
The MS in Nursing Leadership program is structured to provide a foundation for career paths for future leaders in health care informatics and to prepare lifelong learners who demonstrate knowledge, skill, and flexibility.
This program also provides the foundation for doctoral study in nursing.
The master’s program option provides a 30 credit core master’s degree in nursing leadership and healthcare systems:
- Core Master's courses: four courses - 13 credits.
- iLEAD Speciality option: five courses - 14 credits
- Speciality course: one course - 3 credits
You also have the following exit options:
- Graduation with a MS in Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Systems
- Completion of an additional 12 credits for specialization in Executive Leadership (which will also be offered as a post-master’s certificate)
- Completion of an additional 12 credits for specialization in Healthcare Informatics) program and post-master’s certificate currently exists.)
- Seamless progression into the PhD with a health systems research focus.
There is also a 2 credit hour (90 clock hours) administrative internship required and for the post-master’s certificate option a 3 credit hour administrative externship clinical experience.
The clinical experience will be arranged with the assistance of the faculty coordinator and student to do clinical hours in the student’s home community.
Nursing Leadership Courses
To get a sense of the courses in the iLEAD program, check out the list of available iLEAD courses.