What Makes This Program Unique
This online program will focus on enabling current nurses to thrive in today’s complex healthcare system by focusing on:
- Cultural competence
- Evidence-based practice
Upon completion of the nursing program, you can incorporate pertinent knowledge, values and abilities for direct and indirect provider roles to:
- Implement caring and competent nursing practice with individuals, families and communities based on understanding the human experiences of health, illness and healing.
- Integrate the ethical use of technology and information systems to augment the human capacity for health, facilitate decision-making, support collaboration and foster communication.
- Promote health of local to global communities through promoting safe environments and safe and effective health care.
- Manage care to achieve quality, cost-effective and ethical outcomes in the delivery of health care for individuals, families and populations.
- Engage in leadership to promote social justice related to access, quality and socio-cultural acceptability of health care through relationship-centered caring, advocacy and empowerment.
- Negotiate and adapt the delivery and management of health care and health care systems for diverse populations and environments.
- Actively engage in self-directed learning to maintain state of the art nursing practice and to facilitate the education of future practitioners, paraprofessionals and healthy communities
The CU Denver faculty are also experts in healthcare systems, informatics, and nursing leadership research and practice and use their knowledge to guide new nursing leaders.