The demand for nursing is increasing, especially in areas such as transitional and chronic care management. It's projected that by 2020, Colorado’s over 65 population will grow from 490,000 to 930,000
The online MS in Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Systems (Innovation in LEadership and Administration in Nursing and Healthcare Systems - iLEAD) program is designed to meet this need by:
- Fostering leadership and decision making skills.
- Being accessible to students in rural Colorado and across the country.
- Supporting the preparation of PhD faculty by providing a seamless entry into the PhD program with an emphasis on health systems.
MS in Nursing Program Requirements
The MS in Nursing Leadership program is structured to provide a foundation for career paths for future leaders in health care informatics and to prepare lifelong learners who demonstrate knowledge, skill, critical thinking and flexibility. This program also provides the foundation for doctoral study in nursing.
A baccalaureate degree in nursing is required for admission to the program. The master’s program option provides a 30 credit core master’s degree in nursing leadership and healthcare systems, with the following exit options:
- Graduation with a MS in Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Systems
- Completion of an additional 12 credits for specialization in Executive Leadership (which will also be offered as a post-master’s certificate)
- Completion of an additional 12 credits for specialization in Healthcare Informatics) program and post-master’s certificate currently exists.)
- Seamless progression into the PhD with a health systems research focus.
Read more about what makes this online MS in Nursing Leadership degree program unique...