The demand for nursing is increasing, especially in areas such as transitional and chronic care management. It's projected that by 2020, Colorado’s over 65 population will grow from 490,000 to 930,000
The online MS in Nursing Leadership and Healthcare Systems (Innovation in Leadership and Administration in Nursing and Healthcare Systems - iLEAD) program is designed to meet this need by:
- Fostering leadership and decision making skills.
- Being accessible to students in rural Colorado and across the country.
- Supporting the preparation of PhD faculty by providing a seamless entry into the PhD program with an emphasis on health systems.
The CU Denver faculty are experts in healthcare systems,
informatics, and nursing leadership research and utilize their
knowledge to guide new nursing leaders.
Why This Online Nursing Program
This online program will focus on enabling current nurses to thrive in today’s complex healthcare system by focusing on:
- Cultural competence
- Evidence-based practice
Online Nursing Degree Competencies
Upon completion of the nursing program, you can incorporate pertinent
knowledge, values and abilities for direct and indirect provider roles
- Implement caring and competent nursing practice with
individuals, families and communities.
- Manage care to achieve quality, cost-effective and ethical outcomes
in the delivery of health care for individuals, families and
- Engage in leadership to promote social justice related to access,
quality and socio-cultural acceptability of health care through
relationship-centered caring, advocacy and empowerment.
- Actively engage in self-directed learning to maintain state of the
art nursing practice and to facilitate the education of future
practitioners, paraprofessionals and healthy communities
Try Leadership Courses Without Applying
If you'd like to see if the program is right for you, you can take classes without applying. You can take up to 12 semester credits as a non-degree student prior to being accepted to the program. However, any students enrolled as a non-degree student isnot eligible for financial aid.
Check out the list of online Nursing Leadership courses that are available next semester.