The Time Is Now for a Career in Health Care Informatics
Looking for an exciting career that combines your clinical expertise with your passion for technology? The field of informatics provides opportunities for health care professionals to become leaders in the forefront of health care transformation through the use of provider and patient care technologies. Our online programs prepare you to plan, select, design and implement emerging technologies that advance consumer engagement, support clinical decision making, promote safety and drive quality care. Join us to earn your graduate degree in health care informatics or one of our many certificate programs.
Why Choose Our Online Program?
Our Graduates have identified the following reasons for choosing CU’s informatics MS program:
- Highly-ranked, fully-online program since 1997
- Best Practices in Online Education
- Curriculum focus and competencies connected to Real World Knowledge & Skills
- I-Collaboratory social network provides a rich network for students and graduates
- Hot Informatics Topics and Career Development Webinars from national known speakers
- Program works with student to establish a clinical practicum in their local area
- Students from all over the nation and and the world
- High caliber, internationally-known faculty in the field of informatics
What Our Program Offers
The Informatics Specialty courses are built upon a learner centered model that incorporates the best practices of teaching and learning in an online environment. The faculty serves as guides to facilitate your learning by creating a learning environment that allows you to interact with content, fellow learners, and with the faculty. Our courses focus on translating knowledge into practice. Learners are engaged in real world scenarios to learn the necessary knowledge and skills to address informatics solutions within the health care environment. In addition, Learners are also able to interact with national and international health care informatics leaders through:
- video conferencing
- collaborative social networking tools
The learning environment not only provides not only an entirely online program but also allows for you to create a network of colleagues and experts that will guide you as you enter your new informatics career.
The Health Care Informatics program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Wondering what an online class is like? Simply email the health care informatics office and they send you a sample course or can recommend a course you can take as an open enrollment/non degree student.
Looking for information on WICHE tuition options? Visit our tuition page for details.