This accredited online CU Denver Master of Engineering program - Geographic Information Systems (MEng-GIS) option is focused on growing and improving your skills in the rapidly developing spatial data theories and technologies used to support decisions on resource allocations and management.
What You'll Learn in the Master of Engineering Courses
This College of Engineering MEng-GIS online degree is multidisciplinary, involving:
- Civil Engineering (environmental, geodesy and remote sensing, water resources, geotechnical and transportation)
- Geography and Environmental Sciences (remote sensing, ecology, air quality, environmental impact assessment)
- Urban and Regional Planning (spatial analysis, community development)
- Information Systems (data structures, database systems and software engineering)
- Applied Mathematics (probability and statistics, networks, simulation and optimization)
- Engineering Management (Strategic Planning, Project Management, Policies)
Online Master of Engineering Program Requirements
The MEng- GIS program consists of 9 courses (27 credit hours), plus 3 hours of an advanced applications project.
- The project is not a thesis, but a separate, creative, state-of-the-art report that must be written and orally defended.
- You are encouraged to present your work at conferences and in journal publications.
GIS Certification - Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
You can also ease in with an online GIS Certificate and see if the full GIS degree would be a good fit. The GIS Certificate online is perfect for supplementing your area of expertise that you might need in your current career.
Read more about what makes these online Engineering GIS programs unique ...