This accredited online CU Denver Master of Engineering program - Geographic Information Systems (MEng-GIS) option is focused on growing and improving your skills in the rapidly developing spatial data theories and technologies used to support decisions on resource allocations and management.
What Makes This GIS Program Unique?
This unique online CU Denver Master of Engineering (M.Eng) degree
program provides everything you would expect from the College of
Engineering, while also giving you the freedom that online classes
- The instructors are leading GIS researchers and practicing
professionals who are familiar with the latest GIS techniques and
- This program allows you to be a part of a growing and in demand field.
- You study at your own pace - lectures are archived for viewing on
your own schedule and can be watched multiple times for complex
Career in Engineering
Many career paths exist in the GIS profession. Some GIS professionals
eventually open their own private practice while others stay within
larger organizations and continue to move to higher levels of management
With this degree, you’ll also be in high demand in various fields:
- Government agencies at the Federal, State, and local level
- Consulting engineering firms
- Technical sales organizations
It is also not unusual for GIS professionals to use their good interpersonal skills to move into sales or upper management.
Master of Engineering Courses
This College of Engineering MEng-GIS online degree is multidisciplinary, involving:
- Civil Engineering (environmental, geodesy and remote sensing, water resources, geotechnical and transportation)
- Geography and Environmental Sciences (remote sensing, ecology, air quality, environmental impact assessment)
- Urban and Regional Planning (spatial analysis, community development)
- Information Systems (data structures, database systems and software engineering)
- Applied Mathematics (probability and statistics, networks, simulation and optimization)
- Engineering Management (Strategic Planning, Project Management, Policies)
To get started in a career in Engineering, simply request more information.