Have you noticed that teaching literacy has gotten increasingly difficult given the changing, diverse populations of children that you teach?
CU Denver's online MA in Curriculum and Instruction: Reading and Writing is designed for working teachers just like you, who want to advance their knowledge around literacy and reading.
This 30-credit masters degree program will give you advanced knowledge and training to work with diverse student populations as they develop reading, writing and oral language skills.
Course work includes:
- Language and literacy acquisition
- Culturally relevant teaching practices
- Literacy assessment
- Informed instruction and hands-on practica
School of Education and Human Development
The School of Education & Human Development is the largest graduate school of education in Colorado, and has extensive partnerships in many greater metropolitan area schools.
And the online flexibility lets you enjoy more time with family and friends (95% of students work full time) as you advance your career.
University of Colorado. Brought to You.
This fully online masters in Reading and Writing is designed to give you the same learning experience as the students who come to campus.
The online courses are thoughtfully designed and delivered by CU Denver's renowned faculty.
So, whether you're out of state or simply unable to commute to downtown Denver, your education and your degree are delivered with CU's reputation for excellence.
What Is Your Preferred Focus Area?
You can decide to focus on two program tracks.
Track 1: This option prepares you to specialize in an MA in Reading and Writing and to add an endorsement with the Colorado Department of Education to your teaching license.
Track 2: This option allows you to develop a 15-hour concentration in reading and writing and then personalize the other half of your program by carefully selecting elective courses with the guidance of your faculty advisor to fit your career goals. This option does not lead to a State of Colorado endorsement.
In addition to the two tracks, there are other options you can chose from in order to complete the program:
- You may also start the program by taking an online certificate through CU Online: Early Literacy Certificate and then transition into the master’s degree program.
- Several school districts offer hybrid certificate programs in conjunction with the Literacy, Language, and Culturally Responsive Teaching Program. If a certificate exists in your district, you may apply those courses toward a Master’s Degree program.
To receive more information and get started in the Reading and Writing program, simply fill out your name and email.