HEALTH EDUCATION CERTIFICATE
Health education is integral to the primary mission of schools today to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to become successful learners and healthy productive adults.
The online CU Denver School Health Education Certificate will provide you with skills grounded in foundational research and theories in health education. Core components of the certificate courses will focus on:
- Comprehensive Health Education
- Coordinated School Health
- National Health Education Standards
- Characteristics of effective health education curricula
- Culturally responsive classroom practices
- Evaluation of health education curricula
- Effective teaching strategies
The program is developed by and offered in partnership with the RMC Health — a nationally recognized leader in health education.
Since 1974, RMC Health has disseminated comprehensive school health education programs and provided in-service training to educators, parents, and others committed to improving health.
Health Education Admission Requirements
- The courses were designed for certified K-12 classroom teachers who are currently teaching, or are interested in teaching health education.
- The certificate accommodates teachers whose primary credential is not health, as well as those health educators who wish to further their knowledge regarding current trends in health education.
- You do not have to be admitted into a degree program to complete the certificate.