Master of Criminal Justice Requirements
The Master in Criminal Justice requires a minimum of 36 graduate semester hours.
- You'll complete a core sequence of 5 core courses providing a firm foundation in theory, practice and research methods associated with U.S criminal law and justice.
- If you don't have previous criminal justice experience, you'll be required to complete a 3 credit hour internship with local, state, or federal criminal justice or juvenile justice as part of your Master of Criminal Justice program.
- You'll complete the program with either a traditional 3-6 credit hour thesis, or a 3 credit hour field based final capstone project.
Check out the list of available Master of Criminal Justice courses for the semester.
Here is Callie Rennison one of the talented faculty who teach and help run the Criminal Justice program...
Required Core Courses
In addition to required sociology courses, CU Denver has a set of core university requirements for all undergraduates. These include courses in:
- CRJU 5001 CJ Systems, Policies & Practices
- CRJU 5002 Criminological Theory
- CRJU 5003 Research Methods
- CRJU 5004 Statistics
- CRJU 5005 Law & Society