I’m pleased to announce an exciting new collaboration that will allow CU Denver | Anschutz to offer classes in the southern metropolitan Denver area—at The Wildlife Experience in Parker—beginning as early as this fall. Programs from CU’s Boulder and Colorado Springs campuses are expected to join the effort in the future. (Read Monday’s Denver Post article about the effort
The space provided by The Wildlife Experience—in Parker at 10035 Peoria Street, near the intersection of I-25 and Lincoln Avenue—will help us to provide educational opportunities that are clearly desired by both students and employers in the area. The building’s first floor will remain open to the public, continuing to operate as a wildlife art and natural history museum. A gallery area on the second floor will be renovated, and CU will ultimately have 11,000 square feet of classroom and administrative space. The university will also have access to the building’s expansive public spaces, including the theater and the ballroom.
Initial offerings are expected to include:
- courses and certificate programs in general business and entrepreneurship that can be used toward an MBA from the Business School;
- a certificate program and a course in prevention and response to school violence, and a combined certificate/course in addiction counseling from the School of Education & Human Development;
- certificates in software engineering, computer forensics and computer science teacher education from the College of Engineering and Applied Science;
- a Bachelor of Science degree and continuing education courses on emerging topics from the College of Nursing;
- and a graduate mini-certificate in health systems management with a focus on the health care industry from the Colorado School of Public Health.
Offering classes in the southern metro Denver area will enable us to reach students where they live, providing the high-quality education our university is known for at a place and time that maximizes convenience for busy students. Check our website, www.ucdenver.edu/southdenver, for updates as we finalize our initial course offerings and get the program underway.