According to the Colorado House Bill 1039 (GI Promise Act), student veterans are granted in-state residency by petition for the purposes of tuition. They will be automatically granted in-state residency as long as they prove they are intending to make Colorado their permanent state of residence. In order to petition for in state residency, a student must provide a DD214 and TWO of the following four forms:
- Colorado Drivers License/State ID
- Colorado Vehicle Registration
- Colorado Voter's Registration
- Colorado State Tax Returns
- Colorado House Deed
- Proof of Off-Campus Employment (Pay Stub or Letter from Employer)
If you are petitioning for in-state residency status, all documentation must be emailed to email@example.com BEFORE THE END OF THE SEMESTER. If not, then you will be responsible for the difference between the in-state and out of state tuition. The Post 9-11 GI Bill will only cover tuition up to the in-state rate.