Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

Veteran Student Services

Residency Petition

For students seeking in-state tuition

According to the Colorado House Bill 1039 (GI Promise Act), student veterans are granted in-state residency by petition for the purposes of tuition. They will be automatically granted in-state residency as long as they prove they are intending to make Colorado their permanent state of residence. In order to petition for in state residency, a student must provide a DD214 and TWO of the following four forms:
  • Colorado Drivers License/State ID
  • Colorado Vehicle Registration
  • Colorado Voter's Registration
  • Colorado State Tax Returns
  • Colorado House Deed
  • Proof of Off-Campus Employment (Pay Stub or Letter from Employer)


If you are petitioning for in-state residency status, all documentation must be emailed to BEFORE THE END OF THE SEMESTER. If not, then you will be responsible for the difference between the in-state and out of state tuition. The Post 9-11 GI Bill will only cover tuition up to the in-state rate.


Office of Veteran Student Services

Phone: 303-556-2630 or 303-556-2745

Street Address: Tivoli Student Union, Suite 124, 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO 80204

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 173364, Campus 155, Denver, CO 80217-3364


University of Colorado Denver

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.