The Bachelor of Arts in Sociology requires a total of 120 credits, including 34 credits earned in sociology. The 34 credits is comprised of:
- 19 credits are earned in core/required sociology courses
- 15 elective credits in sociology
At least 16 of the 34 hours must be upper division (3000-4000 level) courses. And a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 must be earned in the sociology electives (F’s are not averaged in).
CU Denver Requirements
In addition to required sociology courses, CU Denver has a set of core university requirements for all undergraduates. These include courses in:
- Social sciences
- Behavioral sciences
- Natural/physical sciences
CU Denver also requires that students demonstrate competency in mathematics and writing, either through testing or coursework.
Online Sociology Courses
Here are the online courses and the semester in which they are offered. Electives vary per semester.
- SOCY 1001 (fall, spring, summer)
- SOCY 3001 (fall, spring)
- SOCY 3111 (spring, summer)
- SOCY 3121 (fall, spring, summer)
- SOCY 3150 (Previously 4150) (spring, summer)
- SOCY 3160 (Previously 4160) (fall)
You can view the latest sociology courses here.