Integrated Clinicians Course 2 (ICC 2) is designed to provide students with the fundamental skills for clinical rotations. Through didactic and small group sessions, this course teaches advanced clinical skills, translational basic science, and thread material that is vital to doctoring, but underrepresented in the clinical blocks.
Attendance is mandatory and make up assignments will be required for all absences.
- Describe the Phase IV scheduling, mentoring, and advising processes.
- Discuss the advising and counseling resources available for “The Match.”
- Develop an appreciation for caregivers in the care of patients.
- Develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to communicate deliver difficult news in the clinical setting.
- Develop an understanding of the ethical implications and responsibilities of physicians surrounding end-of-life decision making and patient’s goals of care.
- Discuss personal experiences in the clinical setting and reflect on these experiences impact on personal and professional growth.
- Describe how social determinants of health affect patient populations.
- List elements needed for achieving professional licensure.