The Cytopathology Laboratory at the University of Colorado is a full-service laboratory accredited by both the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Joint Commission (JC). We provide routine screening and diagnostic testing of gynecological, non-gynecological, and fine needle aspiration specimens.
It is our mission to provide our clients with the highest possible quality service using continuous quality control and internal personnel training procedures.
Furthermore, we continually strive to expand and customize our services to the individual needs of our clients.
Gynecologic Cytopathology Services
- Pap Test - ThinPrep, SurePath and Conventional
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) - Testing for ASC-US triage or primary screening of women under 30
Non-GYN Cytopathology Services
- Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)- Performed by pathologists or by pathologists assisting with clinicians using CT scan or Ultrasound guided technology
- Immediate Pathologist evaluation and diagnosis is available.
- Bronchial brushing / washing
- Bronchoalveolar lavage with evaluation for malignancy or for opportunistic infections using AFB and GMS staining
- Voided or catheterized Urine
- Bladder wash
- Ureteral or renal pelvis washing / brushing
- FISH analysis for DNA ploidy
- Body Cavity Fluids
- Cerebrospinal Fluid
- Oral, esophageal, gastric brushing / washing
- Biliary system brushing
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration
Specimens may be sent via FedEx or by our available courier services.
** Specimen Submission Guidelines **
It is the goal of our laboratory to report results of all tests within three business days of specimen receipt. Results can be sent by either fax or secure email.