Congratulations on being selected as a Cancer Research Summer Fellow at the University of Colorado Cancer Center. We hope that your experience is rewarding. We look forward to having you with us for the summer.
Before you start your fellowship, you will need to:
- Complete and return human resources forms and background check form - All of these forms must be filled out and mailed to Jill by May 1. Please double check that you have completed everything before sending it back to Jill. You should have 6 items in your envelope (including your voided check).
- Complete Health and Safety Training and HIPAA - (This will happen last when you are entered into the CU system as an employee, and not before). You will be working in a laboratory setting during your fellowship and we want you to be as safe as possible. You must complete the online training classes before your first day of work. Results should be sent to Jill or you may give them to her at orientation.
- You'll need an employee password and login ID to take the online courses. We will send it by e-mail once we receive your completed HR forms and background check. If you are working at an off campus site, please check with your preceptor about other training that may be required.
- Download course instructions - Courses include Hazardous Waste Generators (Awareness), HIPAA Regulations and other safety training depending on your project. Your preceptor will know if you need to take additional courses.
- Do you need housing or a roommate? Please check www.rotatingroom.com
Human Resources Forms to Complete:
|Personal Information Worksheet
||Complete and return to Jill, not PBS.|
|I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
||List A, B and C on the form will indicate which forms you will need. Until you present the proper forms, you will not be paid.|
|Direct Deposit Form
||University of Colorado employees are paid through direct deposit into a bank account. Please complete this form and please be sure to attach a voided check. Payroll will accept a written statement on bank letterhead stating the account and routing number, if you don't have a voided check.|
|Background Check Form
||All employees at the University of Colorado (including students) are required to undergo a background check. Please fill out your information and send it to Jill and not the number on the form. Don't worry about the information you don't know. That will be filled out for you.|
||Complete and return to Jill|