Please check in from time to time to find out what's new in IR.
- Keeley Sadlak has joined the office -- Keeley is our new Research Coordinator and came aboard July 28, 2014. Please welcome her to the OIRE staff when you see her!
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) -- During the months of February and March, the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE – pronounced “Nessie”) will be administered to University of Colorado Denver freshmen and seniors. It’s an opportunity for our students to let us know what they think about their CU Denver experiences. Students who complete the NSSE by March 23rd will be eligible to win one of THIRTY $50 gift cards to places like iTunes, Best Buy or Target.
- Faculty Report of Professional Activities (FRPA) -- The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
(OIRE) was tasked by the Office of the Provost last year to develop an
electronic version of the FRPA. This electronic version is designed to be
easier and simpler for the faculty to enter, edit, maintain, print and
electronically submit all of their activities at any point during the calendar
year. The FRPA system is now available on the OIRE website through the
User Login link. All faculty who are responsible for
completing an FRPA automatically have been given access to the OIRE website and
to the FRPA system.
- We Care Attendance Intervention -- In Fall 2012, CU Denver initiated an intervention that
targeted first-year students in courses taught by faculty who agreed to record
attendance. Students who missed at least two classes were then contacted
by their assigned PAL (Peer Advocate Leader). The contact was
intentionally brief (approximately 2 minutes) and positive and designed to
encourage course attendance, foster consultation with instructors/faculty
regarding academic issues, and provide a listing of student resources via
email. The intervention is continuing for the Spring 2013 semester. Analyses are planned to evaluate the influence of this intervention on student
- OIRE Data Infrastructure Enhancements -- OIRE staff are
enhancing existing data infrastructures to facilitate analyses that span the
entirety of the student lifecycle.
- Clery Crime Report -- The reports for the Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus are now available on our website by linking the Clery Crime Report menu item either at the top of the page or on the QuickLinks menu on the left. For additional information about Clery Crime reporting requirements, please visit the Security on Campus website.
- OIRE Strategic Plan -- Our new FY12 Strategic Plan is now posted. See what we've come up with and let us know what you think!
- OIRE Staff Changes -- We are sad to announce that Gary Reedy and Nicole McWhirter will be leaving our office this month. Gary has decided to take a position with CSU’s IR office (much closer to his home in Fort Collins!) and Nicole will be moving down to the ninth floor of the Lawrence Street Center to work in the Office of Policy and Fiscal Analysis. Our best wishes to both as they embark on these new professional journeys! Both have made significant contributions to the office and the institution and will be sorely missed. IR will be filling these positions, so please be patient with us as we make these transitions.
- Enrollment Reports -- Summer 2011 End-of-Term and Fall 2011 Census enrollment reports are now available in the Report Library for both the Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure -- This information is provided for each program at the university that is subject to the federal gainful employment regulations. This meets the gainful employment disclosure requirements as stipulated by regulations issued in October 2009 and subsequently updated in 2011. Click here for more information.