Skip to main content
Sign In

Student FAQs

Frequently Asked Student Questions

Q. Is DRS an LD program?
A. No. DRS is not a comprehensive learning disability program. There are no special classes or specially designated academic services for students with learning disabilities at UCD. Support services and accommodations are provided to eligible students with a variety of disabilities who request them after they are admitted to UCD.
Q. I have a learning disability. What services/accommodations am I entitled to?
A. No student is automatically entitled to a standard list of accommodations based on a specific disability. Students may establish eligibility for accommodations to insure equal access. Eligibility for accommodations is determined for each student individually, based on the documentation provided and how the disability impacts the student in an educational setting.
Q. Are there any fees for academic accommodations?
A. No, there is no fee for accommodations. Accommodations are required by law and are the responsibility of the college/university.
Q. What if I need assistance with personal care. Does DRS provide this service?
A. Personal care assistance is not a required accommodation by law. All costs for personal care are the responsibility of the student.
Q. I'm not sure, but I think I may have a learning disability. Do you do LD testing?
A. DRS does not conduct LD testing; however, we can provide you with a list of professionals in the area that do LD Assessments. The student is responsible for the cost of any learning disability assessment.
Q. Will my transcript indicate affiliation with DRS and my use of accommodations?
A. No. Affiliation with DRS is confidential and not part of a student's official academic record.

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.