Emergency Management's Role on Campus
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus Emergency Management Division exists to ensure a high level of preparedness and readiness for the campus and campus communities. Preparedness activities include the following:
- Emergency Planning for schools, colleges, and campus wide in all phases of emergency (preparedness, mitigation, response, recovery, and continuity of operations or COOP),
- Preparedness education and outreach for members of the campus community,
- Facilitation of training and exercises with campus partners and stakeholders,
- Management of the Campus Emergency Notification System (RAVE) in cooperation with the Campus Police Emergency Communications Center,
- Coordination and collaboration with campus partners, as well as external stakeholders (other campuses, other universities, local, county, state, and federal partners),
- Management and continued development of the campus Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
The Emergency Management Division is here to assist all members of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) with all of their preparedness needs. Please contact the division, by email, if you need assistance, information, or guidance on your preparedness activities.