The Office of Campus Student Services recognizes interdisciplinary
student clubs and organizations. Any interdisciplinary student
organization wishing to be recognized as an affiliated, or associated
student organization at CU Anschutz should acquaint themselves with the CU Denver Student Organization Policy and complete the CU Anschutz Student Organization Registration and Affiliation Request Form.
See our complete list of registered student organizations
MANAGING A STUDENT ORG
Student organizations are required to renew their recognition each year beginning on July 1. In order to complete the recognition process, each organization will need to confirm three (3) officers and one (1) faculty/staff advisor, as well as upload their constitution/by-laws. All CU Denver student organizations require a non-discrimination clause in their constitution.
Types of Recognition
Affiliated Student Organizations:
- are permitted to use the university’s name, trademark, IRS tax-exemption or governmental status, following established university policies
- have access to the university’s purchasing, travel office, payroll and personnel system
- must manage their funds through the university accounting system and may not establish separate checking accounts at any outside banking institutions or credit unions
- may receive funding from student fees through the CU Anschutz Student Senate
- may use university facilities for events or meetings as well as campus wide email system
Associated Student Organizations:
- are local chapters of national organizations that have a presence on campus and want to maintain off campus bank accounts using their national organizations’ or chapters’ EIN numbers
- do not have access to the university’s purchasing, travel office, payroll and personnel system
- may not use the university’s name, IRS tax-exemption or governmental status
- may not receive funding from student fees through the CU Anschutz Student Senate
- may use university facilities for events or meetings as well as campus wide email notification system
Read the Student Organization Policy to learn more about recognition statuses and finance guidelines.