Skip to main content
Sign In

Anschutz Medical Campus

University of Colorado Denver

For Parents


Welcome to the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz)! At the CU Anschutz, a majority of the financial aid information is communicated directly with your student. However, we know that you are very involved in your student’s education so this section is to help keep you informed of the financial aid process and requirements.

Please browse our web site for other financial aid information. If you still have questions, feel free to contact us. Remember to read the very important FERPA section first.


 Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) sets limits on the disclosure of personally identifiable information from school records, and defines the rights of the student to review the records, request a change to the records and consent to disclosure of the records. The Notification of Rights Under the FERPA at CU Denver|Anschutz is located on the Office of the Registrar's web site under FERPA.

If your student would like to give consent to disclose the financial aid record to you, your student will be asked to complete and submit the Release of Confidential Information form.​


 Apply for Financial Aid

Go to ucdenver​.edu/AnschutzFinAid/Apply for instructions and the link for submitting the FAFSA.

Dependent Undergraduate Students must report parents' information in the FAFSA. Below are handouts to help students determine who to report on the FAFSA.

Graduate/professional students are not required to report parents information in the FAFSA. However, if the student plans to apply for scholarships, the student may want to include parents information. Some scholarship applications consider parents information on the FAFSA.​​​​​​


 Apply for Scholarships

Contact your school or program for scholarship information. Our Scholarships web page contain the links to the schools and programs on the CU Anschutz campus, as well as other sources for scholarships.

We highly recommend that students apply for as many scholarships as they can to minimize the amount of student loans that they'll need to borrow.


 Student Employment/Work-Study

Students can work part-time while in school in one of three types of employment: work-study, student hourly or regular hourly. Click on the link for more information and instructions for finding student employment.

Our Work-Study Program page contains more information about this program. In addition to indicating on the FAFSA that the student is interest in work-study, CU Anschutz students must also submit the Work-Study Request Form to be considered for work-study.​​​