At the 8th Annual Education Scholarship & Innovation Symposium on March 11, 2020, we will have both oral and poster research and scholarship presentations. These presentations provide education scholarship & innovation symposium members the opportunity to share original research, teaching tools, and innovative programs. We will consider submissions that focus on all types of educational scholarship including:
- Educational research with relevance to the health professions
- New methods of teaching in the classroom, the ward, clinic, or community
- New programs (including learning modules) involving students, residents, fellows or faculty
- Changes in the curriculum that affect health professional education in your setting
- New strategies and tools to evaluate students, residents, fellows or faculty
- Using technology in education
The call for abstracts is now OPEN!
Please submit here
Note: presentations do not have to be of "pure research" projects. New and unique accomplishments, projects, ideas, and initiatives that demonstrate a scholarly approach to health professional education are welcome.
For all abstracts (and resulting posters and oral presentations), the submission process will require authors to include:
- Background relevant to the topic
- Study or innovation/program objective(s)
- Detailed description of the research methods or innovation/program
- Results with appropriate analysis
- For research this may be either qualitative or quantitative analysis, with statistics as appropriate.
- For innovation/program this may be program evaluation, reflective critique or plans for program evaluation.
- Discussion that includes interpretation of results or impact of the innovation/program
Abstracts will be limited to 350 words.
All submissions will
be reviewed using a standardized rubric and will selected as either an Oral
Presentation or Poster Presentation. Final decisions about acceptance and
category will be made by the selection committee. The selection committee
will notify authors of the committee’s decision and will also be provided with
feedback about their abstract.
This is a great opportunity to share your research and/or innovative work with your colleagues and present on the Anschutz Medical Campus. Please contact Dr. Janet Corral if you have additional questions.
Abstracts must be received by October 15, 2019.