The CU Dental clinics are open for limited care. If you have an upcoming appointment, a member of our CU Dental team will reach out to you by emailing and calling you.
We are doing a phased reopening, so we will have limited availability and will be handling more urgent needs first. Our student clinics will be providing limited routine dental hygiene appointments. Our other clinics will resume this treatment at a later date. Again, we will notify you via email or phone—when we are providing more treatment options.
If you do come to our clinic, you will see some changes at your next appointment. We did this for your safety and the safety of our dental providers.
Added Safety Measures
Your health and safety remains our top priority. We know this is a time of uncertainty. We want to assure you that we are following our local, state, and federal health authorities' guidance when it comes to proper safety protocols.
• Each of our dental providers is pre-screened each day.
• Our dental providers wear enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout the day and during your treatment.
• Like before, prior to, and immediately after your appointment, our treatment areas are properly disinfected.
• We are also doing staggered appointment times to limit patient interaction and meet physical (social) distancing requirements.
What to Expect Before/Day of Your Appointment
• Appointment Confirmation: Our office will contact you two days before your appointment to confirm.
• Health Screening Questions: We will also call you the day before your appointment to ask health
screening questions and going over pandemic safety protocols.
• If your answer is “yes” to any of the following, please contact your clinic to reschedule:
• Have you had ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS (not related to hay fever or seasonal allergies)?:
• Fever >99.9F
• Signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness
• Cough/shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
• Flu-like symptoms
• Chills/repeated chills with shaking
• Muscle pain/headache/sore throat
• Runny nose/fatigue
• New loss of taste or smell
• Have you had contact with known or suspected COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days or anyone who is symptomatic?
• Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
• Virtual Check-In: On the day of your appointment, you will need to call your clinic before exiting your vehicle or being dropped off for your virtual check-in. Virtual check-in will happen 15-30 minutes before your appointment, depending on your clinic. You’ll be asked those same health screening questions again.
• Temperature Check: Upon entering the building, we will take your temperature.
• Visitor Policy: If you need assistance, we are only allowing one essential visitor to come with you to your appointment.
• Hygiene Practices: When you are inside, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the school. Please use, as needed.
• Physical Distancing: Appointments will be managed to allow for physical (social) distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• Wait Times: We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• Be Prompt: We ask you to be on-time for your appointment. If you’re late, we may need to reschedule your appointment. Please call your clinic if there is an issue.
• All patients are required to wear facial coverings. Please wear yours after leaving your vehicle or mode of transportation, walking to our clinic and inside our building. A dental staff member will tell you when it’s okay to remove it.
• Following recent health guidelines, we ask that you notify your student provider or clinic if you develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 infection within 14 days after your dental appointment.
Parking remains the same. You should park in the Kiowa lot. If you need accessible parking, please use the lot on the west side of the building. To add money to your meter without exiting the building, please visit this external website, Parkmobile
Clinic Phone Numbers
Dental Team Care Clinic l 303-724-2273
Adolescent Dental Clinic l 303-724-TEEN (8336)
Emergency and Urgent Care Clinic l 303-724-6941
Heroes Clinic l 303-724-2VET (2838)
General Practice Residency Clinic l 303-724-6941
Graduate Periodontics Clinic l 303-724-7009
Orthodontics Clinic l 303-724-7002
Dental Faculty Practice l 303-724-5505
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic l 303-724-4672
On Monday, June 1, some of the CU Dental clinics will reopen for limited care. If you have an upcoming appointment, a member of our CU Dental team will reach out to you.
We are doing a phased reopening, so we will have limited availability and will be handling more urgent needs first. Routine dental hygiene appointments will resume at a later date.