UC Denver Students:
May register for MSCD pooled courses through UCDAccess. Please note that in order to enroll for these classes you must look up the "Class Number" located in the Summer 2014 Semester or Fall 2014 Semester Metro Pooled course lists. Once in the Student Center of UCDAccess, select 'enroll', set your term, and enter the class number in the 'Add to cart' field. A limited number of openings will be reserved in each MSCD class for CU Denver students. Once those openings are taken, CU Denver students will have to wait-list for the class, and then wait for a CU Denver student to drop the class or for the dean at MSCD to increase the number of openings available to CU Denver students.
To view your classroom location go to Metro State's Summer 2014 Class Schedule Search or Metro State's Fall 2014 Class Schedule Search and enter the Subject Code and the course number for the Metro State Course.
Metropolitan State University Students:
To view classes avaliable and lookup your classroom location at CU Denver go to the Schedule of Courses
1. Select CU Denver from the Institution drop down.
2. Select Denver Campus under the Campus drop down.
3. Select the appropriate Course Subject with "MSC -" in subject description.
4. If known, enter your Course Number.
5. Click on the Show Open Classes Only check box.
6. Click on Search button to view
After wait-lists are dropped, opening a space in a closed MSCD pooled course requires the following steps:
a. The CU Denver student must contact the instructor and get his/her signature on a CU Denver Schedule Adjustment Form.
b. On the same form, the CU Denver student must then obtain the MSCD department chair's approval signature.
c. The student then must bring the signed form to the Student Service Center, North Classroom 1003 to be registered in the class.
Pooled Courses - Restrictions
1. CU Denver graduate students are not eligible to register for MSCD common pooled courses.
2. MSCD courses will appear on the University of Colorado transcript and will count in the total number of hours taken at CU Denver. MSCD courses will not be included in the University of Colorado grade-point average.
3. MSCD courses cannot be used to meet specific course requirements toward the major without prior approval of the student's dean. The last 30 semester hours applied toward the baccalaureate degree must be taken in residence at CU Denver. MSCD common pooled courses will not satisfy this residence requirement.
4. CU Denver students who wish to take non-pooled MSCD classes must apply directly as a non-degree student to MSCD and pay tuition and fees to MSCD. Non-pooled classes will not appear on the University of Colorado transcript and will not be used in determining course loads for financial aid eligibility. Students may request an MSCD transcript to be sent to CU Denver at the end of the term to determine if credit can be transferred.
5. CU Denver students will be under the grading policy of MSCD. MSCD does not have a plus/minus system.
6. CU Denver students are subject to disciplinary procedures defined by the MSCD Student Code of Conduct.
For further information on the MSCD Pooled Classes please contact Office of the Registrar at CU Denver, Annex Building room 100 or by phone at 303.315.2600.